We can work with you and your colleagues to…
- Train in modern EMC, Safety and ‘EMC for Functional Safety’ design techniques
- Review designs to check all relevant techniques have been correctly applied
- Help with all stages of research, design, development, manufacture and installation
- Test for EMC, Safety, and ‘EMC for Functional Safety’
(Site surveys; risk-reducing design concepts; selecting components; development bench-tests; pre-compliance and full-compliance, on-site)
- Help fix interference or safety problems that arise during testing or in real-life use
- Help create effective project and company management procedures
(to cover: design; development; purchasing; test; reliability and continuing compliance)
Most high-frequency signal integrity (SI) is a subset of EMC. Our well-proven EMC design techniques work at the SI level, so they save cost and time and help produce excellent SI.
- Reduce the number of iterations of hardware and software
- Reduce manufacturing costs
- Ease EMC and safety compliance
- Reduce time-to-market
- Improve reliability in the field, reducing warranty costs and liability claims
- Improve company reputation, increase sales
We can help with the design of:
- ASICs and FPGAs
- Analogue, digital, switch-mode and RF circuits (from extremely sensitive to very high-power)
- Printed circuit board layouts
- Wiring, mechanical packaging, cabling, earthing (grounding)
- Components and modules
- Products, appliances, instruments, etc.,
- Vehicles (land, rail, sea, air, space, etc.)
- Custom designed equipment, machinery, plant
- Installations (buildings, campuses, factories, theatres, hospitals: any structure or site)
- Adding wireless datacommunications to any of the above
…of any type, any size, for any application (including safety-critical, nuclear and military).
We have developed these practical techniques over many years, and speak plain English engineering language.
We can help you meet European EMC and Safety Directives with minimal costs and lowest business risks.
EMC design is often referred to as ‘black magic’ when it is really nothing of the sort. But it is very complex, and learning about it can take a long time with a huge cost in design iterations, missed market opportunities, or high warranty costs.
Our aim has always been to transfer our knowledge and experience to your own personnel, to get them up their learning curve quickly with the lowest costs, so they don’t repeat the costly mistakes that so many people have already made.
We recognise that design consultants like ourselves are not inexpensive to employ, so we aim to minimise what you spend on us. This means we are always trying to make ourselves redundant, so you need us less and less as your personnel’s expertise increases.
Companies often come to us after wrestling with an interference or safety problem for many months, even years, and we can usually help them fix it with low manufacturing costs within a few days or a couple of weeks. It costs much less overall to employ our training or expertise at the start to prevent the problem from arising at all, or to fix it as soon as it appears.
How we work with customers
Download Non-disclosure agreement (Word document 36K)