Send us your design documents while they are still drafts…
- Schematics (circuit diagrams)
- Printed circuit board layouts
- Mechanical packaging, shielding
- Wiring, cabling, etc.
- Earthing and grounding schemes
- Partitioning, segregation, zoning, etc.
We will review them for the best application of well-proven EMC and safety techniques and let you know how they can be improved at low cost, to…
- Reduce the number of iterations
- Reduce unit manufacturing costs
- Ease EMC compliance
- Reduce timescales and risk
- Achieve overall financial benefits
We can discuss the results in a visit or teleconference, create marked-up drawings or a detailed written report.
We speak plain English engineering language, and can review the designs for…
- Components and modules
- Products, appliances, instruments, etc.,
- Vehicles (land, rail, sea, air, space, etc.)
- Custom designed equipment, machinery, plant
- Installations (buildings, campuses, factories, theatres, hospitals: any structure or site)
- Adding wireless datacommunications to any of the above
…of any type, any size, for any application (including safety-critical, nuclear and military).
EMC design is often referred to as ‘black magic’ when it is really nothing of the sort. But it is very complex, and learning about it can take a long time with a huge cost in design iterations, missed market opportunities, or high warranty costs.
Our aim has always been to transfer our knowledge and experience to your own personnel, to get them up their learning curve quickly with the lowest costs, so they don’t repeat the costly mistakes that so many people have already made.
We recognise that design consultants like ourselves are not inexpensive to employ, so we aim to minimise what you spend on us. This means we are always trying to make ourselves redundant, so you need us less and less as your personnel’s expertise increases.
Companies often come to us after wrestling with an interference or safety problem for many months, even years, and we can usually help them fix it with low manufacturing costs within a few days or a couple of weeks. It costs much less overall to employ our training or expertise at the start to prevent a problem from arising at all, or to fix it as soon as it appears.
How we work with customers
Download Non-disclosure agreement (Word document 36K)